Put group leadership and collaborative skills to work
The increasing pace of technology causes more change and complexity, creating a world where one person can’t have all answers and there is no absolute truth, only different perspectives.
Leadership skills needed today demand that we have the competence and confidence to bring people with a variety of skills and cultures together, collaborate and consider multiple viewpoints to come up with the best solutions to complex problems. This course from Hyper Island will help you gain the competence and confidence to apply collaboration to create the best solutions for positive business results.
What you’ll learn
- Understand how to put team collaboration to work for you and your organization.
- Understand facilitative leadership.
- Know how to create better solutions through the use of collective intelligence.
- A deep understanding of the theoretical background to team development and group dynamics.
- Know how to work with teams and culture development.
- Understand how to continuously apply learning, self-leadership and awareness.
- Understand human needs and how those needs impact collaboration.
- Increased self-awareness and an understanding of human needs and behaviour.
- Develop a growth mindset to solve today’s issues without getting stuck in past methods.
- Skills to successfully support effective group dynamics.
- Cultivate a strong self awareness of your strengths and challenges.
- Ability to solve complex problems through team collaboration.
- Capability to read a group, uncovering what is said and what is unsaid.
- Ability to create a suitable session to address the identified needs in a group.
- Ability to effectively communicate the importance of good teamwork for business growth.
- Ability to lead teams through team developmental stages.
- Ability to apply the right tools and methods that builds trust and confidence in teams.
- Ability to effectively use reflection and feedback for personal development and team building.
Who takes this course
Who will join you
- People who understand that learning is vital to change; both personal and organizational.
- People who care about purpose and culture and they are interested in facilitative leadership.
- People who want to use the collective wisdom/intelligence of the groups they work with to create better solutions.
- People interested in growth mindsets, not relying on past methods to solve today’s and tomorrow’s issues.
What you'll be doing
This course is about HOW you apply tools, methods, approaches and mind-sets. At Hyper Island we design sessions based on experience based learning which means learning by doing. The participants will be working through tasks and exercises experiencing evolving group dynamics, exploring tools for culture and group creation as well as creative tools and models for ideation and collaborative working.
What you’ll take away from this course is the practical use of the tools, how to deal with the ‘how’ and other processes that emerge, as well as having applied and reflected upon your leadership. You will leave having practiced team development in action, seen how you can influence others and having a clearer view on your strengths as a leader through the medium of peer feedback.
You will get great methods to use, insights to share with colleagues, friends, and customers, new ideas ways of collaboration and tools to lead the change.
Hyper Island Way
Learn by doing
Build, create, experiment! We know from more than 20 years of experience that people learn best through active doing and making.
Work in teams
Collaboration is the modern core competence in a world of complexity and constant change.
We build learning around actual examples and practical tasks to make it all immediately relevant and useful.
Global network of experts
We work with world-leading industry experts to provide the most cutting-edge content.