Understand evolving customer needs
Business models and consumer markets are undergoing dramatic transformation fuelled by new technology and approaches to service design. And the race is on to develop customer-first services able to compete with new players coming from outside the industry.
This three-day course has been accredited by the Institute of Banking and Finance and is designed to help you put customer needs at the heart of innovation and service improvement. You will develop plans to introduce and/or improve customer centricity within your organization and create prototypes for products and services.
Hyper Island Way
Learn by doing
Build, create, experiment! We know from more than 20 years of experience that people learn best through active doing and making.
Work in teams
Collaboration is the modern core competence in a world of complexity and constant change.
We build learning around actual examples and practical tasks to make it all immediately relevant and useful.
Global network of experts
We work with world-leading industry experts to provide the most cutting-edge content.
Do you qualify for IBF funding
This course is accredited by the Institute of Banking & Finance Singapore. To qualify for funding, you need to meet the following criteria:
Singaporean/PR (Permanent Resident)
- If you are under 40 years old, you may qualify for 70% funding
- If you are over 40 years of age, you may qualify for 90% funding
Along with either of these criteria:
- Company-sponsored participants working at a financial institution
- Non-company-sponsored participants working in an organization based in Singapore
What you'll learn
This course content draws on current and emerging international perspectives alongside case studies and insights from local and Asian markets. You will develop a digital mindset, learn how to make better sense of data, and consider the legal, social and ethical issues involved.
You will collect IBF credits as you improve your digital marketing and human-centered service design skills and apply what you learn to your workplace and career.
You should be familiar with the principles of Design Thinking.
You should be comfortable and skillful when working with technical ideas in responsive design. These include areas such as touch, tablets, phones and web.
You should know how to measure and practically apply human-centered design at work.
Who takes this course
Who will join you
These are some of the common challenges we’ve heard from people interested in this course. Do you recognize these in yourself or your colleagues?
- I know that digital marketing and human-centered service design skills are important but I don’t know how to improve them.
- I need to understand the local and Asian markets as well as getting insight from international perspectives in order to engage better with customers, clients, and build relationships, but I don’t know where to get the knowledge.
- I need to learn how to make better sense of data and consider the legal, social and ethical issues involved but don’t know where to start.
What you’ll be doing
This is an intensive three-day course with a short pre-course reading and a final assignment to be delivered within 14 days. Afterwards, you can choose to participate in follow-up sessions, either in a group and/or individually.
The course group is made up of around 20-30 participants of various backgrounds. The delivery team consists of facilitators from Hyper Island and expert collaborators from our network. These experts are experienced professionals working in the industry.